Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My solace

Dear friends,

As some of you may know, I'll be moving to another country soon. Just 1.5 months and the days are flitting by at a speed you wouldn't believe. I have hardly opened my eyes when it's late at night already. I put off going to bed, sometimes dragging the night on until 3 o'clock in the morning. I just don't want the day to end and be another step closer to the inevitable: some day at the end of March, I'll take my suitcase and leave this place ... for how long, I daren't even think. 

Please don't get me wrong: I still think going is prefereble to staying. I prefer an adventure to stagnation, and I was pretty close to that at this point in my life. But nevertheless, I'm sad to go. All my friends, what little family I have left, will stay behind. My beautiful home ... 

But I have a comforting thought: wherever I go, wherever there's an internet connection and a computer ... my Multiply page will be there, and so will be the fine people, some of whom I dare to call friends, even sisters and brothers, will be there. 

That's my solace :)
Love,
Tiina

5 comments:

  1. And now Multiply is closing. I am so deeply sad, it really was my home away from home, the one constant in my life. To lose so much already, and then this too!
    But, on the other hand ... maybe it was time. I hardly ever used it these days, the same as other people. But I liked having it! It was my baby, that page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have other homes now and you will still be able to talk to your friends....its just different. I think this could be a positive for all of us. So ... where are you going??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'm already here ... that was three years ago when I was going to move to luxembourg.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete