Wednesday, August 15, 2012

That was ... strange


The strangest thing happened the other day. I was looking for some dates for my job, we had to specify prior professional experience. 

Once, a long time ago, I had decided to mend my ways (from the hopeless klutz and romantic that I am) and really *do* something socially acceptable. 

So I enrolled in the Estonian School of Diplomacy and managed to get a paper to show for my efforts (which were not many). I never had anything to do with anything remotely diplomatic after that, after a very enlightening trip to Finland with an ex-KGB officer (but that's another story).

But back to the other day. I needed the year I graduated from the said establishment. Logical way to go about it: google it! 

That brings us to the point of this outpouring. 

Found the page. Found the group I was in. Found the group picture. 

Didn't find myself. 

Looked again and again and no! 

Went through the picture person by person. It was only after considerable time that I realised that the pretty shining young woman in the front row must have been me! And the strangest thing: I can't remember ever having a skirt like that or the jacket. 
Thinking about it, I may remember the blouse ... but all in all, the person herself still seems a stranger to me!

I was thrown by this for the whole weekend. Here you go about life, thinking you look about the same (certainly feeling about the same) and you even didn't know that you were such a bright young thing once! 

Ehhhhhh .... 


No comments:

Post a Comment