Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I think I'm packed


So, all my earthly belongings have been stuffed in a huuuuuuge suitcase that sits on my table, looking like a black 'ole. And I think it may be a black 'ole ... it gulps everything down and keeps asking for more. It's mouth, dark as the Universe, keeps grinning in my direction! The last thing that went in was a steam iron. And I'm still within the permitted limit! Isn't it strange though? Maybe I don't have so much stuff after all? 

All my friends have been said goodbye to, properly. Small mementoes have changed hands, kisses and promises exchanged. Yesterday I cleaned my home a bit and defroze the fridge. Took all the cash out of the bank and changed it into euros. A very slim envelope ... 

Washed the car today and had coffee and cakes with my darling auntie at our regular haunt at the shopping center. I'll yet have to put the car away in a garage that my friend Vladimir kindly provided. That'll be the day after tomorrow, when I'll take the *black 'ole* to the airport to check it in before the flight on Thursday. Did you know that you can do that the day before? It's very handy if you have a large bag ... I've used it frequently!

And that's basically it! Now I have until Thursday early morning. I thought it would be more emotional ... the leaving. But my emotions seem to have departed before me. I feel that everything that I need I will take with me, in my heart. All my friends and loved ones will still be here, and with me. As will be the sweet memories.

So there's really no need to do any ceremonies or to say grand words. I go in gratitude.
I'm really packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment