Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kuru's greetings

Kuru's greetings - 18 December 2008

My Aunt and I were walking yesterday in our neighbourhood.

On our walk, we happened to meet a dog called Doby who used to be a great friend of Kuru and myself. He's a medium sized dog, with the brightest white fur with some brownish spots, and he has the strangest eyes, very light and human-like because their whites are showing all the time.

Doby, I think, is an angel ... not even in disguise, because it's so clarly visible that even a blind man could see it. He's the kindest and most affectionate soul. *His* human is an elderly man, an ex-sailor whose whole family dotes on their dog, and are so proud of him ... you should hear them talk! How their eyes light up!

So yesterday Doby ran to greet me as usual, kissing and hugging as dogs do ... we had a nice huddle, dog and myself. Then he made my Aunt's acquaintance. And then, as usual, he ran back to *his* human, we said goodbye and walked away.

In a short while, we heard someone barking excitedly. We walked on but it was so strange that eventually we turned around and saw that it was Doby who was quite a long way away. We tried to see what he was barking at but could see nothing. Then we realised that he was barking in our direction: he was calling out to us.

*His* human waved at us and then let the dog free from his leash. Doby ran to me and jumped all over me, kissing and kissing me, and looking directly in my eyes. Such compassion and kindness, and joy in his eyes ... I'll never forget it. I held him and hugged him until it was time for him to go again. And that was it.

Afterwards I was just so blown away by his behaviour that I couldn't stop wondering. Doby's very affectionate but he has never, and I repeat, never! run after anyone in such manner before. *His* human always stressed how he always follows his master, no matter what.

As we walked back, I suddenly got it: it was Kuru, who had *caught* Doby and told him to pass on his greetings. That's when Doby began barking: *hey, hello you, wait, wait ... I've a message for you!*

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is what happened!

I wish you could have seen it ... it was really magical!

And I wish I had a picture of Doby ... then you could see what a special soul he is.

Thank you Doby! And Kuru! You both made my day :)

1 comment: